You may be experiencing odd symptoms which seem like a common cold or flu. They may be symptoms like you experience from pollen or pet dander. If none of these causes are appropriate to your situation, you may be having black mold symptoms.

Mold allergy symptoms are similar to those produced by other allergens, or from a persistent cold. You may have trouble with your nose and nasal area, from a runny nose to one that feels stuffed or blocked. While these effects can inhibit normal breathing, coughing, wheezing, and symptoms of asthma can compound them. As is the case with any allergy, these problems can range from severe to life threatening. The effect that black mold has on your lungs is dangerous, and requires a medical evaluation. Both the allergy and the cause have to be addressed.

An overall sense of tiredness and fatigue can be a factor in mold allergy symptoms. You may feel dizzy, have a fever, diarrhea, and a skin rash. Before you dismiss it as the flu, it is wise to be checked by your doctor if there is any possibility of mold in your home.

If your physician finds that these are mold allergy symptoms, the sooner he provides an appropriate allergy treatment the better it will be for you. Not only will you feel better, but also prompt treatment can prevent long-term health complications. When it is diagnosed in its earliest stage, treatment is usually effective without being unduly difficult. Your doctor may prescribe an antihistamine, a nasal spray, antibiotics, or a combination of these products. In its early stage, it can often be treated similar to a serious cold.

If your mold-related allergy symptoms have progressed, or if you have other health conditions, immunotherapy may be recommended. Immunotherapy, which consists of injections, must be closely monitored by your health care practitioner to be sure there are no negative side effects. This is the most radical form of treatment, and is not generally advised for minor cases.

While mold, which causes this allergy, is sometimes obvious, in many cases it is not. It is mainly present in homes or other buildings, which tend to have and retain dampness. Although basements and laundry rooms are often culprits, it can also occur in walls and anyplace where leaking or moisture is present. As it can cause serious health problems, any possibility of black mold should be investigated.

Mold-related allergy treatment can only be effective if the problem is corrected. If it is present in your home, it must be removed. The area should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Walls, and anything else which cannot be adequately cleaned, may need to be replaced. Anything less than thorough cleaning may lead to regrowth of mold, and the allergy symptoms continuing. It can also lead to asthma and numerous other health conditions. While children, the elderly, and people who have preexisting conditions are especially vulnerable, everyone who has ongoing contact with black mold is at risk of developing illness.

{ 0 comments }