Mold Exposure Symptoms and How to Recognize Them Quickly

by BMRT on 2:42 pm

Mold symptoms vary widely in their effects ranging from a slight irritant to full blown respiratory infection and should never be ignored. Mold is a type of fungi that despite our best efforts to control them are found everywhere around us at all times. When we are talking about mold or fungi, often times the terms are used in conjunction with one another almost as if they are the same thing. Actually mold is really only one kind of fungi.

Of the numerous species of mold that are found in the world, the majority of it usually resides outdoors. The fungi that enters our homes and interior structures is usually introduced by either water leaks, water damage or even hitches a free ride inside on our clothing.

In the last few years more people have become concerned with the effects mold and fungi have on the human body. It has been well established that exposure to certain molds can cause us to develop certain adverse reactions such as respiratory ailments as well as skin reactions just to name a couple.

Unchecked water damage is one of the most commonly found causes of infestation of mold spores. Spores often will thrive in the cavities inside the wall of a water soaked drywall host where there is little light, plenty of moisture and warmth,as well as an abundant supply of food. The food is in the form of wood, gypsum as well as some other organic ingredients found inside the homes of today.

The way that mold propagates makes it unusually hard to contain without special filters known as HEPA filters. The size of mold spores is so small that they are easily introduced to new areas by either airborne, waterborne or even by being transported by insects.

One of the main issues that has been documented about health effects of mold is the release of mycotoxins, which can have many adverse negative health effects on the human body. The spores that are released into the air also can also have negative health effects and can cause varied reactions including respiratory ailments. Everyone is affected differently as to their reactions to mold exposure.

Among those that are affected negatively by mold spores and mycotoxins, people who have the greatest risk are those with allergies, asthmatic individuals or even those with sinusitis or other respiratory conditions. Especially vulnerable are women who are pregnant as well as the elderly, infants and younger children all of whom should definitely limit their exposure to mold and spores of any type.If you are looking for a great place to promote your site check out this Free Directory you’ll love it.

Mold, especially black mold should be taken seriously whenever it is found to be growing in your indoor spaces. If you feel that the infestation may be to great to tackle alone, do not hesitate to call in professional mold remediation companies as they will be completely equipped to do a thorough cleanup and get you back to having that great indoor air we have all become accustomed to.

Leave a Comment

Next post: